Monday, January 14, 2013

Set Backs

So I started my cycle on Saturday, January 5th and as I said on my last blog post, I had to go in on days 2, 3 or 4 of my cycle to have initial testings done and start the Tetrozole on day 3.  So Monday (the 7th) I went in to have the tests done.  They wanted to do another ultrasound and found that the ovulation cysts on my ovaries hadn't decreased enough in size.

I don't think I've explained exactly how an egg is made or released for ovulation.  So what happens in weeks 1 and 2 of your cycle your ovaries create cysts and the cysts produce an egg and when they get the LH surge on day 14 of the cycle, they release the egg and the cyst dissolves. 

My cysts are abnormally large and do not dissolve.  When I had my ultrasound on Monday, Dec. 31st there was a cyst on both ovaries (that is why the assume I ovulated from both ovaries) and when I went back in on Monday, Jan. 7th, the cyst on my left ovary had dissolved but the cyst on my right ovary went from 24.2 to 15.4 units.  They have a policy that they do not do the treatment if the cysts are larger than 14 units, and even though it decreased by 8.5 units, it was still too large to do the treatment this month.  They said because its size decreased, they aren't too alarmed but want to keep an eye on it. 

I still have my doctor's appointment with Dr. Phipps on Monday, Jan. 28th to decide next steps.  We will also see what my ovaries and/or cysts are up to again at that time.  My second prolactin test results still came back a little elevated so we will discuss next steps with the doctor at that time as well. 

So January is a month of waiting.  It's really frustrating for me that things just can't go right for me! I'm not stressing about it as much as I did in the beginning but I still just can't help feeling hopeless and like it's never going to happen.  I am also nervous about my doctor's appointment because if he has bad news, I'm going to lose it! Every test that comes back normal just means that it's something worse. Cole has been amazing at trying to brighten my spirits and positively states that we're gonna get pregnant this month with no help or treatments! I hope he's right... If not, February we will hopefully be cleared for Tetrozole and we are thinking more seriously about insemination.

As always, thank you for reading my blog and for all your prayers, thoughts and kind words!

No comments:

Post a Comment