Saturday, April 13, 2013

Did You Miss Me?

I know it has been a few months since my last post.  And I have been scolded and asked what is new, so I'm FINALLY taking the time to let you know.  Since that last doctors visit on January 7th, I've done NOTHING to do with fertility.  It has been an amazing change.  2013 was going to be a new year, but I just didn't realize how! (and we're only 1/3 way through)

On January 8th, I started a 6 week boot camp with my mom.  I really didn't know what to expect but after the first week, I realized that I was going to get my ass kicked!! But I needed to start losing weight, eating healthy and change my lifestyle.  I found after two weeks of:
1) no fertility drugs
2) exercise
3) eating healthy
I FELT GREAT!! I was feeling myself and not that crazy/fat/hormonal self! I realized how out of shape I was and started to really be mindful of what I put in my body and I changed my lifestyle!  Here are the "BEFORE" pictures that Cole took of me on January 8th:


Notice how heavy my face looks! And my shorts are skin tight on my legs.  And my gut hangs out over my boobs! Not pretty!! I had hid behind the idea that I was trying to get pregnant so why try to lose weight for WAY TOO LONG!  and when I looked at these pictures after Cole took them, I thought to myself -- what have you done to yourself?? Well three months later (two 6-week boot camps)  I am feeling pretty good about myself! I'm not even half way there and am starting to realize it's going to be about a year before I'm where I want to be, but I'm still feeling so much better about myself just from getting off the couch and working out! 



So if you notice - shorts are lose! There is space between my legs and the shorts! I only have one chin and my boobs stick out more than my gut!! I haven't lost as much in lbs but I have lost inches like crazy!! I seriously have a pile of "fat clothes" that don't fit me anymore!! (I'm saving them for when I get pregnant)

Now all I need to do is get a tan (Fat always looks better when it's tan!!)

Here are some of the areas I've lost:
Weight - 7.6 lbs
Chest/Rib - 0.5"
Arms - 1"
Waist (around BB) - 2.5"
Abs (2" below BB) - 4"
Hips - 3"
Thighs - 0.75"

Sorry this blog is bragging but I'm just so proud of how far I've come! And I am so excited to keeping getting healthier! I've always loved myself for who I am, but I'm loving a smaller, tighter me too!!

So I'm getting healthy and losing weight but every month when I get my period my heart is heavy.  I haven't given up on the idea of having a baby, but I just couldn't keep going down the path I was going down. 

One of my mom's Aunts called me a couple of weeks ago and gave me her daughters number.  She went to a holistic doctor and swears that is what got her pregnant.  I have a family friend who is a chiropractor and has also reached out to me about making an appointment with him to see how he can help.  I love the support that I've gotten from this blog.  And everytime I'm out on the town, it's so much better because of this blog.  Instead of asking me why Cole and I haven't "popped one out" yet they are now going, is there alcohol in that glass?? and then they smile... because they are there with me on this journey! So thank you to all my friends and family for ALL the support you've given me! I couldn't do it without you!!  Here's to losing more lbs and inches!!



No comments:

Post a Comment