Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Little Bit of History

Before I continue to tell you my story, I think I need to explain my past, well my medical past anyways. 

I got my first period when I was 16 years old.  They were very irregular.  When I was seventeen I started to get really bad side pains and lower abdominal pain.  My mom took me to Kanabec Hospital where they did ultrasounds on my lower abdomin and they found cysts on my ovaries.  They said that the cysts were small and that they should go away on their own.  They put me on birth control to help regulate my periods and the hope was that they cysts would go away.

Family History: My mom had complications carrying all three of her children.  I've also been told that a few of my cousins on my moms side had to undergo fertility therapy in order to conceive.  I don't feel so alone knowing that I wasn't the only one who has gone through what I'm going through.
And since my first two posts, I've had a few other family members tell me their complications in having a baby as well.  I think it's a real eye opener at how hard it is for a lot more people than I realized to have a baby!



No comments:

Post a Comment