Thursday, October 25, 2012

patience is a virtue

So I had another doctors appointment today and it came with good news and some irritating news. 

Cole came with me today.  I didn't really expect him to come today but I think he is becoming more supportive and wanted to hear from the doctor himself.  (it was also raining/snowing out so I'm sure he was happy not to be outside working)

Firstly, my doctor is a complete nerd.  He's so smart that he's almost socially awkward.  This was the first time he met Cole and I think its good to put a face to the name, for both of them.  I am also so impressed with how much my doctor knows/remembers.  Of course all the medical stuff is in the charts but he remembered things like when I said Cole worked out of town a lot. 

So we went over my ovulation cycles the last three months and he doesn't seem to be worried that I didn't ovulate in September.  He is going to up my dose of clomid from 50mg to 100mg.  It was really funny, Dr. M asks me if I feel nauseous, I say no, he goes are you moody at all? Cole just starts laughing as I say, yeah I have my moments. haha

He also gave Cole a really hard time about not going in yet for a semen analysis.  He sent us home with a big stack of papers with more information on it.  I think it made Cole less anxious about it, so we will be scheduling him in the next couple weeks.  I'm pretty sure the reason we haven't been able to get pregnant is because my "parts" aren't working.  But the doctor made a comment today that turned a light bulb in Cole's head, he said "Lets just rule this out before we look into the next steps.  Why make her go through more if it's not her?"  Cole's convinced that he's going to get a hot nurse to "assist" him... (good luck with that buddy!)

We also ruled out PCOS today which is great! He said that initially he would have tested for it but since I've been responding to the clomid and ovulating, that he doesn't think I have it. 

Since this blog was "released" my grandma called me and told me a little more detailed history.  I guess when my grandma was pregnant with my mom, she was given Thalidimide.  Thalidomide is a sedative drug introduced in the late 1950s that was used to treat morning sickness and to aid sleep. It was sold from 1957 until 1961, when it was withdrawn after being found to be a teratogen - a cause of birth defects.  It was the reason why my mom had complications with her pregnancies.  My grandma thought that it possibly was the cause of my birth defects (ear, etc) and maybe why I am having difficulties getting pregnant.  So I brought it up to my doctor today and he said he's never heard of it affecting a third generation and that not to be worried about.  (GOOD NEWS!!)

So hopefully this month was the month that we "got the job done" and we'll find out in the next couple weeks!?! Otherwise double dose of clomid crazies next month!! And Cole will be going in for his analysis.

Thanks for following my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment