Monday, October 22, 2012

Pressure Wash

So in August I went back to Dr. Magnusson.  The first round of Clomid did not work for me.  He stayed positive for me when I wasn't for myself though!  He decided that it would be necessary to have a Hystosalpingogram (HSG) which is a digital diagnostic imaging procedure.

Basically what they do is put a catheter up my cervix and but a pressured ink injection into my uterus and up my Fallopian tubes.  They then take pictures of my lady parts and check for blockage.  Dr. M said that it would be painful but that it's necessary to make sure that my ovaries are able to travel down to my uterus for fertilization. 

Getting this procedure scheduled was a bigger battle then I had ever anticipated.  You can only do this procedure day 8-10 of your cycle and when I had my doctor appointment, I was on day 7.  So I needed to get in that Wednesday, Thursday or Friday of that week or I would have to wait another month.  So I walked downstairs to schedule my procedure in Wyoming and wouldn't it be my luck, the machine was down and wouldn't get another part in until the following week.  So the scheduler called down to the University, no open appointments there.  Looks like I will need to schedule for the following month! GRR... and I left the clinic and called my friend to vent.  She gave me the idea to call other hospitals and schedule it through them.  So I called over to Cambridge, nothing. I called down to Unity, nothing available.  I called to Abbott, wasn't able to get me in by Friday.  I was so frustrated!! And then I called the Center for Reproductive Medicine in Mpls and they were the first chance of hope! I had a few hoops to jump and when I called back to my doctor in Wyoming, his nurse was my saviour!! She called down and talked with both schedulers and got everything set up.  The only thing I had to do was to call right away Friday morning and confirm everything for that afternoon.  She also gave me the heads up to not let them "pull the wool over my eyes." so Friday afternoon in August, Cole and I went down for my procedure.

So here I am, laying on my back with my legs spread apart as I have a doctor I've never met in my life put in the catheter. (YIKES!) They told me not to hold my breath because it would be more painful and just remember to breath and that it would be over soon! They injected the dye into my uterus, they had left spill... another deep breath Taylor we have to try that again... ok, there is right spill.  They said that there was slight blockage in the right tube but that the obstruction was removed. 

They also stated that I have an abnormally shaped uterus.  I have a con caved uterus.  The normal uterus looks similar to an upside triangle, where mine looked more like a U.  He said that it shouldn't affect GETTING pregnant but that it may make the Pregnancy itself be more difficult. 

I have to brag though, the Lab Tech had an intern with her and after the procedure was done the Lab tech turned to the intern and said, don't ever expect it to be this good.  Most women scream, cry and grab at you.  She took it like a champ, I've never seen that!  That's right ladies and gentleman, I'm a tough cookie!!

so I walked around like I had just rode a horse for 24 hours straight, wearing a pad, out of the hospital to go home and rest for the weekend!

They said that the next three months I was going to be very fertile! My doctor called me a few hours after the procedure just to tell me he got the results and everything looked great and that my husband and I need to get at it! haha

He also wanted me to start another round of clomid (3 months) but since it was too late for August, to start in September.  The beginning of September came and I decided not to take the clomid.

I know it might sound foolish but I had just got a huge promotion at work and didn't want to start another round of clomid and add more stress by being emotionally unstable! So I decided not to take it in September.  In ways I'm glad I didn't take it and on the other side I should have.  For the first time in over a year I didn't ovulate.  I'm not sure why I didn't ovulate in September, this is now something new for me!

It's now October, the third month since my procedure (meaning the last of the Super Fertile months following the procedure).  I started taking clomid the beginning of the month but on day 12-14 I didn't start ovulating.  This is so depressing and another complication in my life! Thankfully, Saturday evening I pee'd on my ovulation text stick and BOOM I'm ovulating! I'm only a week late but hey I'll take it!! So now you know what Cole and I have been up to the last couple days! :)

I do have a doctors appointment on Thursday to look at next steps.  We are also going to rule out PCOS. (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) I'm sure most don't know what this is, google it.  It can create diabetes, facial hair, cysts on your ovaries, weight gain, and complications in getting and being pregnant.  More to come after my doctors appointment on Thursday, October 25th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment